Screening ChecksScreening Checks
- For Sole Traders, Contractors and Self-Employed
- Organisation Registration
- Register your Organisation
- Organisation prepares for a screening application
- Organisation starts an application on behalf of the individual applicant
- Applicant prepares to complete application
- 100-Point identification check
- Applicant completes application
- How to pay
An organisation that needs an individual to have a screening clearance must register with the DHS Screening Unit. Go to Organisation Registration
You only have to register your organisation once. However, big organisations may wish to register each business unit separately. More information is available in How to structure your organisation’s online portal (PDF 411.5 KB).
As part of the registration process, your organisation will need to nominate several officers.
Please note that the same person can perform one or more of the nominated officer roles.
Requirements for online registration
To register your organisation you will need your organisation’s:
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business address
- Email address
- Contact details of nominated officers.
Once registered, nominated officers in your organisation will be able start screening applications online.
Information on How to start a screening application (PDF 230.0 KB).
Information for Sole traders, contractors and self-employed.