Screening ChecksScreening Checks
- For Sole Traders, Contractors and Self-Employed
- Organisation Registration
- Register your Organisation
- Organisation prepares for a screening application
- Organisation starts an application on behalf of the individual applicant
- Applicant prepares to complete application
- 100-Point identification check
- Applicant completes application
- How to pay
For Sole Traders, Contractors and Self-Employed
Sole traders, self-employed people and contractors may need to obtain an employment screening clearance if they will be working with children or other vulnerable people.
Screening may be required for contractors visiting some work sites, for example those going to schools. The type of screening required will depend on the work role and type of work site.
Applying for a screening clearance
Sole traders, contractors and self-employed people must register with the DCSI Screening Unit as an organsation before they can apply online for screening.
This is done in three steps:
- Register as an organisation. You will be required to provide your:
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business and email addresses.
- As the registered organisation, use the login details provided to you. Login to the form and start an application for yourself by clicking on the ‘New Application’ button.
- As the applicant, use the login details provided to you to complete the application. Please ensure that you login using the user name and password allocated to you as the applicant.
Your screening application also involves an identity check. Sole traders, contractors and self-employed people cannot verify their own identity.
Identity verification must be conducted online or by an independent party, using the 'Print-and-Seek' option.